Last updated November 18, 2020
The Personal Information We Collect
When you register to become a User or otherwise utilize the Services, you may submit Personal Information. Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, your name, phone number and email address (“Personal Information”). AmpliFund may also collect Personal Information from you if you choose to opt-in to participate in applications, surveys or contests. You are responsible for the quality and accuracy of any information you provide to AmpliFund.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Personal Information is used (1) to provide and improve our services, features and content, (2) to administer your use of our services and your AmpliFund account, (3) to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate the Services, (4) to better understand your needs and interests, (5) to fulfill requests you may make, (6) to personalize your experience, (7) to provide service announcements and (8) to provide you with further information and offers from us or third parties you may find useful or interesting, including newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information on our services. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive any such communications, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any such communication. Further, your privacy and email settings may be easily adjusted via your account settings at any time.
We may employ third party service providers to provide services on our behalf or to perform services related to administration of the websites or App (including, without limitation, maintenance, hosting and database management services, web analytics, payment processing and administration). These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to the extent necessary to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use your Personal Information for any other purpose.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your hard disk or to your browser’s memory when you visit one of our Sites. Cookies are useful because they help arrange the content and layout of our Sites and allow us to recognize those computers or other devices that have been to our Sites before. Cookies do many different jobs, such as allowing our Sites to remember your preference settings and helping us to enhance the usability and performance of our Sites and your experience using them. Our Sites also may contain electronic images known as web beacons – sometimes called single-pixel gifs – that allow us to count the number of users who have visited specific pages. We may also include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The type of cookie or similar technology that may be used on our Sites can be categorized as follows: Strictly Necessary, Performance, Functionality & Profile and Advertising.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential for basic functionalities of the Site, and they enable you to move around our Sites and use their features, particularly in connection with information searches and order placement. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet. Examples of strictly necessary cookies are a shopping basket cookie, which is used to remember the products that you wish to purchase when you add products to your shopping basket or proceed to checkout, a login/ authentication cookie which allows and manages your login to the Site and identifies you after logging in for a single session, a session cookie which is required to carry out the data transmission and provide the Site to you, a security cookie that detects repeat failed login attempts or similar abuses of the Sites. These types of cookies are regularly stored only as long as required for their purpose.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use our Sites, for example which pages you go to most often and if you get any error messages from certain pages. These cookies collect information that is used to improve how our Sites work. Without these cookies we cannot learn how our Sites are performing and make relevant improvements that could better your browsing experience. Examples of performance cookies that our Sites use include cookies from Google and Adobe Analytics (see further discussion below).
- Functionality & Profile Cookies. These cookies allow our Sites to store information that you provide, such as preferences, and to store technical information useful for your interactions with our Sites. For instance, they remember your user ID and elements of your user profile. They also ensure that your experience using the Sites is relevant to you. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. These cookies will not be used to track your browsing activity on other websites. Without these cookies, a website cannot remember choices you have previously made or personalize your browsing experience. For example, we use a cookie to store your language preferences, which allows us to present you with product search results in the correct language, and we use a cookie to store your choice about the appearance of the cookie information banner that we display on our Sites. This cookie will help us remember your choice about the appearance of the cookie information banner when you subsequently visit the same site where you made your choice about the banner and any other AmpliFund sites with the same domain or the same top-level domain.
- Advertising Cookies and Similar Technologies. These cookies or similar technologies may be used to deliver advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests. They may also be used to limit the times you see an advertisement as well as help to measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. These cookies may track your visits to other websites. Without these cookies or other technologies, online advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and your interests.
Setting your cookie preference. You can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies and you can withdraw your consent at any time by modifying the settings of your browser to reject or disable cookies or by opting out of specific cookies through the opt-out options shared below. If you choose to decline cookies altogether, you may not be able to fully experience the features of the Sites that you visit.
Our Use of Web Analytics
We use different analytic tools which serve the purpose of measuring, analyzing and optimizing our marketing measures and provide you with customized advertisements that could be of particular interest to you. In particular, we use the following tools:
- Google Tag Manager helps to manage website tags through a single interface. The tool itself (implementing the tags) triggers other tags that may themselves collect (personal) data. However, Google Tag Manager does not access this data.
Your Rights and Responsibilities
You are permitted, and hereby agree, to only provide personal information to AmpliFund if such personal information is accurate, reliable, and relevant to our relationship and only to the extent such disclosure will not violate any applicable data protection law, statute, or regulation.
You may have certain rights under applicable data protection law with respect to personal information about you that is collected through the Sites or when you contact or otherwise engage with us. To exercise any of these data privacy rights, please contact us, or have your authorized agent contact us, in accordance with the “Contacting AmpliFund Software” section listed below. In the event you submit, or your authorized agent submits on your behalf, a data request, you (and your authorized agent) hereby acknowledge and agree, under penalty of perjury, that you are (or the authorized agent of) the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request. We will respond to any data requests within the timeframes required by law, and we may charge a fee to facilitate your request where permitted by law.
Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by emailing email@example.com If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We Do Not Sell Your Personal Information. AmpliFund does not, to the best of our knowledge, sell or rent personal information that we have collected or retain about you to any other third-party for any purpose. Accordingly, we do not offer individuals the ability to “opt-out” of the selling or renting of personal information because we do not engage in those practices.
California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Sites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended (“CCPA”), California residents may have certain data privacy rights, such as the right to be notified about what personal information categories are collected about you, and our intended use and purpose for collecting your personal information. You may have the right to request access to your personal information and, to the extent feasible, request that it be transmitted in certain forms and formats. You may have the right to request that we (and any applicable service provider) delete your personal information. You have the right not to be subject to discrimination for asserting your rights under the CCPA. If you make, or an authorized agent on your behalf makes, any request related to your personal information, AmpliFund will ascertain your identity to the degree of certainty required under the CCPA before addressing your request. AmpliFund may require you to match at least three pieces of personal information we have previously collected from you before granting you access or otherwise responding to your request.
Do Not Track. Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the Sites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not take action in response to these signals.
European Union (EU) Privacy Disclaimer. AmpliFund processes personal information in accordance with the legal bases set forth in the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or EU Member State law. For example, our processing of Personal Data on individuals (as described above) is justified based on statutory provisions that (1) processing is based on the consent; (2) processing is necessary for AmpliFund’s legitimate interests as set out herein; and (3) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party. If you are in the EU or afforded protection under the GDPR, you may have certain rights with respect to the Personal Data. To the extent permitted by applicable data protection laws, you may access the Personal Data we hold about you; request that inaccurate, outdated, or no longer necessary information be corrected, erased, or restricted; and, request that we provide your Personal Data in a format that allows you to transfer it to another service provider. You also may withdraw your consent at any time where we are relying on your consent for the processing of your Personal Data. You may object to our processing of your Personal Data where that processing is based on our legitimate interest. You have the right to lodge a complaint with your competent data protection authority. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us in accordance with the instructions provided below.
Nevada Privacy Disclaimer. Pursuant to Nevada law, a Nevada “consumer” (as the term is defined therein), may, at any time, submit a verified request through a designated request address to an “operator” directing the operator not to make any sale of his or her personal information that the operator has collected or will collect about the consumer. For clarity purposes, AmpliFund does not sell or exchange your personal information for monetary consideration to a third party for the third party to license or sell the information to additional persons or parties.
Changing or deleting your information. Your information will be retained indefinitely unless you request its deletion or we decide to delete information that is no longer needed. You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in your registration profile by logging into your account and changing the “user preferences” associated with your account. If you completely delete all such information, your account may be deactivated. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we know are under age 13, and no part of our Services are structured to attract anyone under 13. If the parent or guardian of a child under 13 believes that the child has provided us with any information, the parent or guardian of that child should contact us if they want this information deleted from our files. If AmpliFund obtains knowledge from any source that it has information about a child under 13 in retrievable form in its files, we will delete that information from our existing files.
Third Party Sites and Sponsors
You may find advertising or other content on our Services that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. AmpliFund makes no endorsement of or representations regarding, and may not be deemed responsible for, the information, privacy or other practices of any website that is linked to the Services. Any advertisers or others with websites linked to the Services may have their own terms and conditions. You should review any such terms and conditions, including the information, privacy and other policies and practices, prior to accessing or further using such advertisers’ or others’ websites.